WELCOME to the TRUE BLOOD Wiki!
We want everyone to have a great time, so if you familiarize yourself with a few rules, everything will flow easily.
1. BEFORE you create a thread.
Come say hello in the Welcome thread:
2. Starting new threads should be a last resort, not your first action.
- Make sure it's in the right location. If not, a Moderator may move it without notice.
- Do a search (in the left side bar at the top of the Pages list) and make sure your topic isn't already being discussed. Duplicate threads will be deleted. It's nothing personal, it's just that we need to limit the number of threads in the Discussion Forum to keep it navigable. We can't combine threads.
- There should only be one thread total for any picture, artwork, video, or fan fiction story.
- There is ONE official thread for each episode, already on the site before the preview for the show airs. Discussion of that episode belongs there. Please don't start new ones for episodes.
- Clearly mark your spoilers! Unmarked spoilers will be deleted.
- Stay out of the SPOILER FREE Zone if you have read the books. Don't pick up spoilers on the Forum and take them in there, or create episode "recaps" for episodes that haven't yet aired in the U.S.
- To clarify the above, once you have posted in spoiler-request, ultimate spoils, and other spoiler areas, you are no longer welcome to post in the Spoiler-Free Zone. This is a zero tolerance policy.
3. If you still decide to create a thread, please observe the following.
- Make the title descriptive. "OMG, WOW, I just joined," or "I love this show," etc. are not new conversations. Please find the thread for the episode, character, or subject you want to discuss.
- No excess punctuation. One question mark (?) or exclamation point (!) is sufficient. If the thread title contains excess punctuation, it's probably going to be deleted no matter what it is about.
- No thread titles in all capital letters (caps). If the thread title is all in capital letters, this implies yelling at a person in the texting, email, PM world. If the thread title contains all caps, it's probably going to be deleted no matter what it is about.
- No Spoiler information in the title - if it's a thread with Spoilers, it needs to say so in the title. Ex. Dead Reckoning Official Thread (Spoilers)
- If you create a thread for the spoiler-free area, it also needs to say so in the title.
- Official threads for top level pages are created by mods.
4. User Conduct Mandated by WetPaint (our site host)When you become a member, you agree to not use the Site to:
- Spoiler information in the body of the message still needs to be marked with Spoiler Space, except in the spoiler-free area (no spoilers allowed there!)
- No links to unlicensed merchandise. This is a True Blood site, and not a sales promotion area.
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, bullying, harassing, false, inaccurate, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that violates any applicable law;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that we deem adult or pornographic in nature.
- Create a wikis by Wetpaint site that is directed to an audience under 13 years of age;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "link farms," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;Interfere with or disrupt the service, servers, or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, or otherwise violate the rights of any party;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
- Collect or store unauthorized personal data about other users.